A dynamic story called India
India is poised for a dramatic transformation. On the one hand, the country is the fastest growing large economy; on the other, the country is one of the most under-consumed (across products and services).
The evident conclusion is that India is at the point of substantial and sustainable growth across the foreseeable future.
This reality warrants the need for companies and industrial groups with vision, ambition and resources.
The Emami Group is one of them.
India and Emami Group
The Emami Group, an Rs.12, 000 cr-business conglomerate, represents the faithful face of a vibrant India.
India is at a cusp of rapid change with a growing appetite for infrastructure and lifestyle interventions; Emami Group is engaged in the business of personal and health care products, paper, hospitals, edible oils, bio-diesel, cement, real estate, retail chains, power and art.
India is a dynamic global citizen; the Emami Group is Indian in origin but global in mindset and presence (60 countries).
India is an aggregation of a number of market clusters; the Emami Group is differentiation and innovation driven.
India is positioning itself as a quality-driven product and solutions provider; Emami Group responds with innovation, customer orientation, technical competence, quality control and business ethics.
India is extensively under-penetrated in the consumption of a diverse range of products; Emami Group is responding with corresponding investments in research, capacity, brand and people with the objective of emerging as one of the largest Indian conglomerates.
The Emami Group strategy
At the Emami Group, we are responding to one of the largest national opportunities anywhere in the world through various strategies.
- we manufacture products with enduring appeal.
- we create niches and markets (as opposed to entering over-populated market segments and geographies) with the objective to capture mind space and market share.
- we engage celebrities to endorse our products, accelerating recall and reinforcing brand loyalty.
- we invest aggressively in advertisement spending, creating brands with multi-year appeal across the largest consuming population translating into segment leadership.
- we have reconciled entrepreneurial promoters on the one hand with professional delegation on the other.
- we have been daring in making selective and complementary acquisitions, fast-tracking our growth.
The result is that what started as a small Kemco Chemicals unit in 1974 is now a Rs 12,000 cr multi-business conglomerate.
The Emami Group is positioned to emerge as a multi-product and multi-service conglomerate enhancing life quality of people in whichever market it selects to be present in.